Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Auds 'n' Ends 12/31/13

Happy New Year's Eve!

In some ways, it seems kinda dumb to write that because when I peck away on this blog, I'm essentially just writing to myself. It's kinda like a journal that's left out by the sidewalk in front of the house. I know that some people check it out, but I don't know people open it up, think "??" and walk away or if some people come back from time to time and really read it.

It doesn't really matter to me either way; I'll keep writing here, in part because it's going to make creating the PRAs easier. Also, it is kinda nice to have a radio journal to refer to.

So, "Happy New Year's Eve to me...and to the spammers in Malaysia, who might take time to read this"

* I see that Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke are going to be on the CBS NYE show. Will I be watching to see if they do something "scandalous?" No. I could care less what new attention-getting scheme they shoot for this time (unless it's them running a pirate radio station).

When it comes to NYE programs, one thing comes to mind (and it's not Dick Clark). It's WGUT/WHOT, who made NYE special every year for about a decade. Here's a link to their 1986/87 NYE show. And here's a five-minute video of them as WGUT ringing in the new year in 1983. I'm wondering how long it be until someone relays one of these NYE shows on NYE?

* A great but little-known comic strip ends today, Cow & Boy. You can check out their archives here.

* Interesting how little pirate activity there's been in North America the past few days. I guess everyone's either gearing up for tonight, tired from all of the Christmas broadcasting, or planning parties.

* Frank Sinatra on the radio on New Year's Eve 1943 is a bit of a diversion from typical posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment